4.03.2008

The Joys of Potty Training

So Jacob's potty training is going amazingly well! (Knock wood!) Everyone told me to wait until he was ready and not to force the issue. I was getting impatient (especially knowing there are a LOT of diapers in my future!) but I waited, or WE waited, I should say, and now I'm so glad we did. I know kids can be encouraged along, but I think for us waiting was definitely the right thing to do. He was ready and because of that we've had very few accidents and fewer fights. It was a bit of a struggle the first week, but I think a lot of that was the fact that we were on vacation. Not the best circumstances under which to try this huge new thing! But it all worked out and, for now, it's going really well. We are so grateful and very proud of him. (Here's a picture of him going potty with his great friend, Sage).

On another note, we should hopefully find out a week from today what "flavor" (as Ben would say) this little peanut in my belly is. I will be 17 weeks tomorrow and the time is flying. It is a bit frightening! We have both felt the baby moving, which is incredible, considering it's still pretty early. Big baby? Maybe! We will know more in a week and hopefully have some ultrasound pictures to post!

No comments: