1.26.2009

the dentist

so jakey finally had his first dental visit! i know, i know, i'm a bad mom, waiting so long. most of my friends' kids have already been several times. i guess i was afraid of being scolded for the fact that he still sucks his thumb and his teeth are moving all over the place as a result. luckily for me, dr. rimi was really sweet about it. she gave us some tips to help him transition out of the thumb-sucking, and we're working toward that slowly but surely! i was surprised to hear that we should be taking belles in for her first dental visit when she turns one. that seems pretty early to me, but what do i know? knowing me and my procrastination, we'll see if we can get her in before her 3rd birthday! :)

2 comments:

The Hall Family said...

First dental visit at 1? I am the queen of organization and Ms. Hailey has not been yet (she's 2 1/2 tomorrow).

Well she went with me to watch and is now more terrified than ever about the "teeth doctor".

Bees said...

uh...you have us beat! ssshh don't tell any dentists that the Gicquel girls haven't been seen yet.